I can remember begging, pleading and attempting to reason my way into getting a cellphone - I was not successful until ninth grade. My younger sister got her first cellphone when she was in fifth grade.
Technology is rapidly spreading - making our lives easier, making staying in touch easier and making it easier for younger and younger kids to get a grasp of it. We've spent a lot of time in class touting the amazing innovations that social media and technology have brought us.
For my persuasive speech, I want to focus on the emerging issues of cyber-bullying, which showcases a darker side of social media. I think that school systems, as well as parents and government legislation, need to take a stronger stance and more aggressive approach to stopping cyber-bullying. I want to look at incidents of cyber-bullying, how they were handled, what policies and legislation is already out there concerning cyber-bullying and ultimately, hopefully, persuade you that more needs to be done to protect kids from it.
Great Kylee. Timely, relevant and controversial
ReplyDeleteThe number of people coming out to speak out against cyber bullying has become more common now. It's crazy to think that many of these cases have even been brought to court.
ReplyDeleteThe people behind the phones or computers are actually being brought to light and sometimes these people hiding behind the computer/phones/etc have been victims are bullying others for the same reason.
This is definitely an issue that more people need to address. A lot of kids do not realize how serious the consequences can be of cyber bullying. It's also true that a lot of people are willing to say something over a cell phone or computer that they would not say to the person's face.
ReplyDelete