Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Take A Ride


Urban communities offer a unique opportunity for environmental efficiency. Many aspects of urban life- high-rises, walkability, proximity to resources- create the foundation for efficient living. This point of sustainability acts as only one of the many benefits of and reasons for incorporating biker-freindly policies and changes into all urban environments. Bikes, especially useful in areas of high density, do not take up large amounts of space, do not pollute city air, and reduce congestion of city travel-ways. All new urban development should concern itself with the importance of bicycle incorporation; present cities can and should retro-fit their communities with bike promoting options as well. Benefits would manifest themselves in areas of public health, environmental protection, and physical safety- to name a few. With this is mind, my speech will persuade the audience to support biker-freindly urban efforts and push the topic towards primary importance.

2 comments:

  1. When I had a knee, I rode my bike everywhere. I love DC's new Capital Bikeshare service and I think we are moving in the direction of cities with more bikes on the road. I like your topic because it certain is what needs to happen so that this change can take place more harmoniously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting topic Aaron. To be honest I had never thought about how much cars effects the world. You presented a good issuse to think on, however I doubt changes be made since we all bout technolgy now a days. But we'll. Good job.

    ReplyDelete