Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just Change it to a Playoff, Thats What I Would Do!


For my informative brief I wanted to talk about something that I have had an interest in for awhile, has an abundance of information and public discourse, and relates to everyone in class as a college student. Being an avid football fan, what I landed on was looking at what factors contribute to this heated debate. Now, at first I thought that wouldn't be interesting to everyone or apply to everyone, but as I looked at it from all angles I started seeing how this issue has little to do with the actual football. I want to show everyone just how complex this sitution/decision is. Also, I want to explain how this decision affects every college student, not just the ones with an interest in the actual football being played. Overall, I hope my small informative brief will open some eyes about the on-going debate and be an informative look into an often misunderstood issue.

Think this issue doesn't matter to ALOT of people? Well here is a link to whole site devoted to the issue of College Football Playoffs (please excuse the cheesy music): http://www.collegeplayoffs.com/

2 comments:

  1. Gavin,

    "Overall, I hope my small informative brief will open some eyes about the on-going debate and maybe get a few more people to watch ESPN now and again, who knows."

    This sounds persuasive, rather than informative. If you would like to make this the topic of your persuasive speech instead, feel free to write up a new topic for your informative brief and email it to me. Otherwise, find a way to make this informative -- objective and factual. However, this has been a pretty controversial topic for a while and I don't know that you will be able to steer away from persuading the audience at some point.

    Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for offering to be an example in my presentation. I will definitely take advantage of that and talk to you further about it.

    ReplyDelete