Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Informative Brief

I have always been curious about the topic of race, because it is such a big yet for the most part taboo subject in our society. No one wants to talk about race relations because they are feared they will be called a racist, but if you are just drawing logical conclusions then there is nothing wrong with that. More Specifically I am interested in the topic of racial self segregation. It is very interesting to see how the different races interact with each other and either separate or converge based on that clear fact. For the most part it is alright because most are going to tend to feel more comfortable around those that are more similar to them, but if it goes too far, there can be adverse social, political, and economic consequences.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great persuasive topic -- I'm afraid that the arguments you develop will inevitably be geared towards influencing your audience because so much of your own opinion will go into your speech.

    For your informative brief you need to find a topic that you can STRICTLY inform us about.

    Please re-submit your topic to me via email. Check out some of your peers' topics below and my comments for each of them. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete