Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Trying New Things

I don't know if you guys have noticed by looking at previous contributions to this blog or not but this is the first time I have every had one of these things. I know alot of people who do blog and enjoy it quite a bit, but I can never figure out what to say. I even have a facebook and a twitter that I struggle to update because I never know what to share with the world...lol. I know someone in this class blogs or is wrapped up in one of these social networks, can tell me how you sit in front of the computer or on your cell phones for hours just updating your life on the web. Maybe it is because I dont have a lot of free time on my hands or maybe it is because I dont really have a lot interesting things happen on an everyday basis. I keep these things to update my self when I can but not so much interact with it.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you're saying. I'll go to update my status, or tweet something and stop and think, "Who the heck cares about what I just saw at McKeldin?" or "Who cares what I think about Snapple?" Is Facebook/Twitter for important stuff or random thoughts? It's tough to tell judging by what other people post, I know that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's perfectly fine to not feel comfortable updating your statuses and things like that. I've learned that you can't force someone to join a trend because they'll do it when they're ready and when it's comfortable for them. I tried to convince my friend to get on twitter but she constantly denies me because she says she doesn't like to do what everyone else is doing. I feel like she'll come later though because she'll want that constant interaction. I gravitated a little more to twitter because I remember when I said I would never get one and now I tweet too much lol.
    My logic is that if you follow people you consider to be your close friends or even people you would stop and have a conversation with, twitter becomes easier. You start to see that everyone tweets about the random thing they saw while walking to class, how much they procrastinate on homework, football and basketball games, tv shows, inspirational quotes and anything else that comes to mind. Twitter for me is like one big conversation where everyone chimes in talking about something different. It just gets down to what you have to say about it and who you want to talk to.
    But if you're busy, then don't feel like you're missing out on something. Your goals and other things like that are way more important then Facebook or Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definetly don't have a lot of free time and I dont have facebook or twitter yet. But I think people just write about whatever's on their minds when they have a coupe of minutes.
    I have a blog where I just write about whatever comes to mind, my interests, anything but it doesn't always come to me immediately.
    But what's useful about twitter and facebook is that you can post this information when it comes to mind right away so that you don't forget about it later.
    I think this relates to the first video Andi showed us in class today. About people constantly needing to be connected and spending most of their time glued to their computers, cellphones or ipods. Although I think there should be a balance on how much time people spend on these social media tools but they can be very useful as Ernesto told us. But the longer people spend on facebook just to play farmville or to update themselves on gossip of people from highschool I think unfortunately it will make them less productive in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I totally agree. That’s why i don’t really make status updates on my Facebook page (because who cares.)
    I don’t have a Twitter or a blog because I know I’d never have time for it and I only use Facebook for keeping touch with high school and camp friends. One of my best friends I met at camp lives in Greece and I think it is because of Facebook that she has still remained one of my best friends for 3 years now.

    ReplyDelete