
The other day I was looking on facebook and I realized one girl I've gone to school with since elementary school is pregnant. Since I've graduated 8 GIRLS that I went to school with have gotten pregnant. This is an outrageous amount. I'm only 19 years old. To have a baby a this age just seems crazy to me. Although there are 8 girls that I graduated with that are prego, during my high school career 12 girls total at my high school dropped out to give birth to a baby. This is a huge amount.
I've decided that I'm going to do my speech on why high schools should take a more aggressive approach to sex education. This is not just because girls get pregnant but also because of the STD rates. STD's are not a joke. I believe that if schools took a more aggressive approach to sex education then there would be less teen pregnancy rates and lower STD rates. The reason I chose this is because I believe that there are valid points to be made and people will agree once they hear that facts.
I've decided that I'm going to do my speech on why high schools should take a more aggressive approach to sex education. This is not just because girls get pregnant but also because of the STD rates. STD's are not a joke. I believe that if schools took a more aggressive approach to sex education then there would be less teen pregnancy rates and lower STD rates. The reason I chose this is because I believe that there are valid points to be made and people will agree once they hear that facts.
That is insane! Since I went to a private school, these things are unheard of. This year, one girl who graduated with me got pregnant her first year of college and that was a shock to everyone in my high school. Cant imagine what it would be like if it happened during the school year!
ReplyDelete3 girls who grew up with me all recently had babies and those are only girls that I personally know! This is a great idea for a speech. In my high school, they preached abstinence but didn't give that much information on safe sex methods. Can't wait to hear it!
ReplyDeleteIf you can get Maci, Amber, Catelynn, or Farrah to come in and guest speak for you presentation I'm pretty sure Andi should just give you an A.
ReplyDeleteCaroline I completely know where your coming from. I cant even begin to count how many girls got pregnant in high school and how many are pregnant now. My speech is slightly similar but I'm happy your going after the school system and their lame of sex education. And I agree with Gavin you should totally make it happen.
ReplyDelete